Kandy Perahera Tour
Welcome on arrival at the airport. Transfer to the hotel in Negombo. Rest and overnight stay in Negombo at Camelot Beach Hotel.
After breakfast transfer to Kandy. En route visit the elephant orphanage in Pinnawela and Royal Botanical Gardens of Peradeniya. Check in to the hotel in Kandy. In the evening free to view the Kandy Perahera Pageant. Overnight stay in Kandy at Hill Top Hotel or similar.
The Kandy Perahera Festival
From end of July till early August you can purchase tickets for viewing galleries from the entrance gates or else you can view the Perahera Pageant at the public areas without tickets (you driver/guide will take you the venue).
Perahera Pageant Schedule
The Kumbal Pageant is held the first 5 days; the Randoli Pageant (more colorful than the Kumbal Pageant) is held the following 4 days and the final day, the Grand Pageant is the grand finale.
After breakfast visits to the Temple of Tooth Relic, Kandy city tour with Upper Lake view, Gem Museum and other highlights of Kandy. In the evening free to view the Kandy Perahera Pageant. Overnight stay in Kandy at Hill Top Hotel or similar.
After breakfast transfer to Habarana. En route visit a herbal spice garden in Matale and the Sigiriya rock fortress. On completion check into the hotel for rest and overnight stay in Habarana at Sorowwa Resort & Spa.
After breakfast transfer to Trincomalee. En route Trincomalee city tour with the Dutch fort and hot water wells. Overnight stay in Trincomalee at Pigeon Island Resort or similar.
After breakfast at leisure on the beach. Overnight stay in Trincomalee at Pigeon Island Resort or similar.
After breakfast transfer to Habarana. En route a Habarana village tour. On completion check into the hotel for rest and overnight stay in Habarana at Sorowwa Resort and Spa.
After breakfast transfer to Negombo. En route visit to the Dambulla Cave Temple. Overnight stay in Negombo at Camelot Beach Hotel
After breakfast transfer to airport for departure flight.
Direct transfer from Negombo to airport will take approximately 1/2 hour.
This tour includes:
- Accommodation on bed and breakfast basis;
- All transfers mentioned in the itinerary;
- All excursions and entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary;
- All local taxes;
- Service of an English speaking driver/guide.
- Depending on the time and weather, excursions may be conducted on other days than mentioned in the program;
- Prices mentioned are per person based on sharing a double room;
- Lunch, dinner, drinks and personal expenses are not included;
- Professional guides (Russian / German / Italian / French speaking) can be provided on extra cost;
- Hotels will be provided only on availability at the time of confirmation;
- If hotels mentioned in the itinerary are not available at the time of confirmation similar hotels will be provided from the same area after a prior notification.